Field Operations Directorate
Daniel M. Renaud is the associate director of the Field Operations Directorate.
To ensure the integrity of the immigration system and lend assistance to applicants, petitioners, and beneficiaries through the field offices and National Benefits Center.
What We Do
Field Operations Directorate:
- Provides management and oversight to the diverse operations of the National Benefits Center, and the domestic regional, district, field, and field support offices
- Adjudicates applications and petitions for immigration benefits
- Interviews applicants for immigration benefits
- Conducts naturalization ceremonies nationwide
- Completes required security and background security checks for pending applications and petitions
- Provides immigration information and outreach
Field Operations Directorate includes:
- 85 field offices and field support offices that deliver immigration benefit services directly to applicants and petitioners in communities across the United States and its territories
- The National Benefits Center (NBC) which performs centralized front-end processing of applications and petitions that require field office interviews (primarily, family-based I-485s and N-400s). In addition, the NBC adjudicates some form types to completion including I-765s, I-131s, immigration benefits associated with the LIFE Act, legalization-related applications and international adoption cases
- A headquarters office, four regional offices and 26 district offices that provide oversight, direction and support to the field offices, field support offices and NBC
- Immigrant Investor Program, also known as “EB-5,” created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and capital investment by foreign investors.