I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- Form I-90 (PDF, 453 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-90 (PDF, 285 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 238 KB)
Purpose of Form
Use this form to replace a Green Card.
DO NOT submit this form if you are a conditional resident seeking to remove conditions on your Green Card. If you are a conditional resident, you must submit one of the following:
- Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through marriage
- Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through financial investment in a U.S. business.
02/27/17. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
You have two options for filing your Form I-90 application with USCIS:
- Online, or
- By mail (paper).
Filing Your Form I-90 Online
To file online, click on the button below to go to the File the Form I-90 Online Page.
You cannot file your Form I-90 online if you are applying for a fee waiver.
Filing Your Form I-90 Form By Mail
If you submit a paper application, send it to:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 21262
Phoenix, AZ 85036
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Filing Tips for Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About You
- Family Name
- Mailing Address
- Date of Birth
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
If you file Form I-90 on paper, we will scan the documents into our system for electronic processing. If you do not already have a USCIS online account, we will create one for you once we receive your paper application. You will receive a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice with instructions on how to access your USCIS online account. A USCIS online account allows you to:
- Check the status of your application, petition or request,
- Receive notifications and case updates, and
- Manage your contact information.
If you are an attorney or accredited representative, you can also create a USCIS online account, which will allow you to manage all of your clients’ Form N-400 applications in one place.
Note for Attorneys and Accredited Representatives: You should have only one USCIS online representative account. When you receive an Account Acceptance Notice for a paper form filed at a USCIS Lockbox on behalf of your client, please ensure that you enter the same personal information that you provided on the Form G-28 submitted with your client’s original application, petition, or request. If the information you use to access your online representative account does not match the information you provided on the Form G-28, you may be unable to access your client’s case.
Even if you do not use your USCIS online account, we will continue to process your properly completed and signed Form I-90. You will receive notifications and updates about your application by mail through the U.S. Postal Service. If you need assistance, contact the USCIS Contact Center.
We recommend you read our Lockbox Filing Tips.
If you would like to receive an e-Notification when we accept your Form I-90 at the USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application. You can continue to receive updates about your case status by creating a USCIS online account.
$455 (see Special Instructions for exceptions). A biometric services fee of $85 may also be required. Refer also to Special Instructions below for the table "Filing Fees by Application Reason".
You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.
- If you are filing Form I-90 because you never received your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), you do not have to pay a filing fee as long as you meet these criteria:
- We mailed the card over 30 days ago;
- It was returned to us as undeliverable; and
- You have not moved from the address you provided us.
However, you must submit:
- A copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the form that USCIS approved to grant your Permanent Resident Card; for example, Form I-485, Form I-751, Form I-829, or Form I-90;
- A copy of government-issued identification that contains your name, date of birth, photograph and signature.
- If you are filing the Form I-90 because your current Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) contains incorrect information due to a Department of Homeland Security error, such as a misspelled name, you do not have to pay a filing fee.
However, you must send us:
- The original card that contains the incorrect information; and
- Evidence documenting your correct name or biographical information.
Filing Fees by Application Reason:
Reason for Application
(A) My card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
(B) My previous card was issued but never received.
(C) My card has been mutilated.
(D) My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error.
(E) My name or other information has been legally changed.
(F) My card will expire within six months or has already expired.
(G1) I have reached my 14th birthday, and my existing card will
(G2) I have reached my 14th birthday and my existing card will
(H1) I am a permanent resident who is taking up commuter status.
(H2) I am a commuter who is taking up residence in the U.S.
(I) I have been automatically converted to permanent residence status.
(J) I have a prior edition of the card, or I am applying to replace my card for a reason not specified above.
Withdrawing an Application
If you wish to withdraw your Form I-90, you must submit a written request to:
Potomac Service Center
200 Potomac Center Drive Stop 2425
Arlington, VA 20598-2425
USCIS will not issue any refunds if you withdraw your application or cancel your request.
File online! It's easy and convenient.
File by paper: