This section of our website contains immigration information and links to resources geared specifically for members of the military and their families.
Naturalization Through Military Service
If you are serving or have served in the U.S. armed forces and are interested in becoming a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Read more on our Naturalization Through Military Service page.
Citizenship for Family Members
Members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces and their dependents may be eligible for citizenship under special provisions of the INA. For more information, see the Citizenship for Family Members page.
Family Based Survivor Benefits
If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. armed forces member who died from combat-related injuries while on active duty, you may be eligible for certain “survivor” immigration benefits, including citizenship. For more information, see the Family Based Survivor Benefits page.
Discretionary Options for Military Members, Enlistees and Their Families
We recognize the important sacrifices made by U.S. armed forces members, veterans, enlistees and their families. To support these individuals, we provide discretionary options such as parole in place or deferred action on a case-by-case basis. For more information, see the Discretionary Options for Military Members, Enlistees and Their Families page.
Military Help Line
We have established a toll-free Military Help Line exclusively for members of the military and their families: 877-CIS-4MIL (877-247-4645). For more information, see the Military Help Line page.
Military Naturalization Statistics
Read more about our military naturalization statistics.
- Naturalization Information for Military Personnel (PDF, 252 KB)
- Military Naturalization Checklist (PDF, 207 KB)
- Military Contact Information (PDF, 225 KB)
- A Guide to Naturalization
- Citizenship Resource Center
- Naturalization Information for Military Personnel (PDF)
- N-400, Application for Naturalization
- N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service
- I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
- I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
- I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
Other USCIS Links