Immigration and Citizenship Data
We receive and adjudicate an average of 7 million petitions and applications annually.* These petitions and applications typically allow foreign nationals to stay in United States as lawful permanent residents (LPR) or immigrants, to stay temporarily to work as nonimmigrants, or to obtain U.S. citizenship.
These reports provide data on various aspects of USCIS operations. In addition, certain tables list the USCIS office responsible for the adjudication.
You can find additional data by visiting the:
- DHS Office of Immigration Statistics – Reports on the number and characteristics of persons granted LPR and citizenship status
- USCIS Electronic Reading Room – Frequently requested USCIS statistics
- Reports and Studies – Reports including backlog elimination, employment eligibility verification, and USCIS programs
- Buy American and Hire American: Putting American Workers First – Reports on the hiring practices of employers who petition for foreign national workers, Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) provided to foreign nationals, and related policy memoranda
- E-Verify Program Reports – Reports on E-Verify user surveys, key findings, and recommendations
The information on this page is organized based on the type of immigration benefit.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Quarterly Form I-821D: The cumulative number of requests accepted for processing, biometrics appointments scheduled, requests ready for review and requests completed to-date
- DACA Requestors with an Arrest (PDF, 140 KB): Data on DACA requestors with an arrest by status, charge type, and number of charges.
- DACA Characteristics Data (PDF, 496 KB): Responses to a request by Representative King showing data on requestor age, education, and country of birth, among other characteristics.
- As of Aug. 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 165 KB); CSV version (CSV, 17 KB)
- As of July 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 142 KB)
- As of May 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 141 KB)
- As of March 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 139 KB)
- As of Jan. 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 146 KB)
- As of Sept. 4, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 119 KB); CSV version (CSV, 12 KB)
- DACA Expiration Data
- DACA Pending Renewal and Initial Requests
- DACA Receipts Since the January Injunction
- Renewal Status, as of Sept. 7, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 71 KB); CSV version (CSV, 2 KB)
- Renewal Status (with Denials), as of Nov. 2, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 82 KB)
- DACA Recipients Serving in the Military (Data provided by DoD): PDF version (PDF, 75 KB)
- Terminations Related to Criminal and Gang Activity from 2013 to 2017, as of Oct. 1, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 69 KB)
Temporary Workers: Data on petitions for H-2A (seasonal agricultural) and L-1B (intracompany transferee specialized knowledge) temporary worker status.
Permanent Residents: Data on applications for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status based on needed job skills and alien entrepreneurs creating jobs in the United States.
- Adjustment of Status (Form I-485 Application)
- Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (Form I-526)
- Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions (Form I-829)
Transparency for U.S. Workers
H-1B Datasets: These datasets provide information about the hiring practices of employers who petition for foreign national workers.
- H-1B Petitions by Gender and Country of Birth, Fiscal Year 2018: PDF version (PDF, 175 KB); CSV version (CSV, 9 KB)
- H-1B Trends from 2007 to 2017: PDF version (PDF, 92 KB); CSV version (CSV, 16 KB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions by Employer
- Characteristics of Specialty Occupation Workers (H-1B) Fiscal Year 2016: PDF version (PDF, 3.03 MB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions for Workers with Changes of Status or Extensions of Stay Calendar Years 2014-2016: PDF version (PDF, 208 KB)
- Number and Characteristics of F-1 Beneficiaries Who Changed Status to H-1B, Fiscal Years 2012-2018 (to date): PDF version (PDF, 215 KB)
- Approved H-2B Cap-Subject Beneficiaries by Job Code, Fiscal Year 2017: PDF version (PDF, 1.10 MB); CSV version (CSV, 151 KB)
Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Reports: These reports provide an overview of all categories for which Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) are provided to foreign nationals. They also specify which employment authorization classes are specifically authorized by statute and which classes are provided to foreign nationals as a matter of the discretion of the secretary of Homeland Security.
- EADs by Classification and Statutory Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 - June 29, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 110 KB); CSV version (CSV, 2 KB)
- EADs by Classification and Basis for Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 - June 29, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 116 KB); CSV version (CSV, 5 KB)
- I-765 Applicants for Employment Authorization for H-4 Non-Immigrants by Gender and by Country of Birth FY 2015-2018: PDF Version (PDF, 212 KB)
Asylum: Data on workload, applications filed, interviews conducted, and cases completed.
- Statistical data from the FY2018 Q3 Asylum Division quarterly meeting
- For data from previous Asylum Division quarterly meetings, visit the Notes from Previous Engagements page
Permanent Residents: Data on petitions/applications for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status based on humanitarian concerns (asylees and refugees).
Victims of Trafficking or Crime: Data on applications for nonimmigrant status for victims of trafficking or crime.
Victims of Domestic Violence (Battery or Extreme Cruelty): Data on self-petitions for victims of domestic violence.
Citizenship and Naturalization
- Performance Data (Form N-600)
- Performance Data (Form N-644)
- Naturalization Average Cycle Time (Form N-400)
- Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Performance Data by Class and Beneficiary Country of Birth (Form I-140)
- H-1B Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129 Petition)
- Applications for Immigration Benefits and Naturalization Monthly Statistical Reports
*Based on figures from FY2008-2017.